The Workforce Edge team is a firm of specialized consultants dedicated to helping healthcare organizations cope with the increasing challenges of a limited and changing workforce. We enable healthcare service delivery helping you to fill shifts faster and to get the right skill in the right place at the right time. This spills over into higher employee engagement, a safer working environment, more controllable costs, and the ability to provide better care for patients and their families.
Since 2001, we have been providing the hands on expertise and the deep, organization change management necessary for organizations to transform their staff scheduling practices. The results are improved coverage and skill mix at the front line where patient care is delivered, increased compliance with collective agreements, and dramatic reductions in labor spend.
In the healthcare industry, growth in demand has outpaced growth in funding for many years, and as the workforce ages, it is shrinking. As these challenges have grown, we have continued to develop our services and expertise in order to help our clients provide more care with staff and budget limitations through rotation optimization, efficient relief workforce planning, and streamlined scheduling business processes.
Improving sub-optimal scheduling environments is a complex endeavor, but we can help investigate and prioritize these opportunities. We have helped our clients prepare for the successful implementation of their automated scheduling systems, create master rotations that control costs and enable skill mix changes, and have established scheduling services that support unit/dept managers by delivering consistent and cost-effective scheduling of employees, predictive analytics and workforce planning services to those managers. Read more by clicking on the Past Projects icon.
Our consulting experts can help with:
- Assessing and diagnosing staff scheduling and workforce utilization problems
- Developing staffing models including relief workforce and master rotations to enable a sturdy foundation for deployment
- Designing staff scheduling procedures and business processes
- Helping to select, integrate and implement scheduling systems
- Creating vacation planning, smoothing and off-target protocols
- Partnering with cultures to create the pull to transform workforce deployment
- Project management and change management to deliver expected benefits